Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Thank You

At this early stage of our shared experience of this blog, I’d like to say “Thank you” for your readership and increasingly, for your comments as well. Those who like what’s here seem to be mentioning it to others, as the number of “hits” has swelled considerably since we began several weeks ago. This small sphere of thoughts and feelings, observations and strategies may yet blossom into a small community.

For my part, I am enjoying this immensely. I turned 50 last year. I still play a couple of sports adequately though sporadically. I walk a lot. I love movies – as does my wife, fortunately. I read some during my vacations. But as an adult, I’ve never had a hobby, something I make an effort to do whenever I can.

I’m not a car buff. I don’t have a favorite team. I don’t sky dive. Hunting, fishing, ATV outings – not my thing. I like politics every four years, but I don’t have a news obsession. I don’t Twitter or text message. I’m not on Facebook (yet). I haven’t played poker in nearly twenty years. I’m not part of a strategic life simulation community. Heck, I’ve only played about three hours of video games since I was in college! I’m a busy guy, but you can see where I might have some time to take care of this blog.

That this is a hobby keeps it fresh for me. I only have to write because I want to write, and even then the posting every 7-14 days allows me to slowly organize my thoughts. Sometimes I plan early to write on a topic and then change my mind based on a comment someone sends or just some stream of events or thoughts prior to my deadline. I’m allowed decent flexibility and I intend to keep using it. Otherwise, I’ll be rolling out variations like “Forgiveness: Parte Deux,” “Forgiveness: Return of The Anger,” “Being Forgiven” and “A Review of The Movie ‘Unforgiven’.”

Back to you guys. The range of comments is great, and nearly half of them have been ones you wrote over the past week, so perhaps more comfort in the process is developing. I know a couple of people who found a glitch in the posting process. I put a note in the right margin which should eliminate the issue they experienced. As for topics, I have a huge list from which I intend to draw future posts. You can assist me by e-mailing ones you feel should be priorities.

1 comment:

  1. Caught off-blog by a close cousin of mine, I'll have to fess up here...Despite being a blatant fair-weather fan, I'm rooting for my home state of Louisiana and especially the troubled city of New Orleans to have their team win the Super Bowl this year. The Saints are my favorite team of the moment!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!